- A visitor (Visitor) to our website (Site); and/or
- A customer (Customer).
1. Site Information
Genea is a Family History and Genealogy website that includes genealogical services and ecommerce transactions.
2. Collection of Personal Information
As a customer we collect personal information when you provide it to us via the Site, such as when purchasing a product, or registering for a course or an event. This information includes:
- Your full name; and
- Your address and contact details.
2.1.1 Processing Payments
As a Visitor we collect your personal information if:
- You provide it to us on the Site (i.e. entering information into the Contact Form);
- You subscribe to receive updates from the Site;
- You enter and/or participate in a course or survey of ours; and/or
- If you otherwise contact us by email.
3. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect about you to provide you with business-related products and services, in particular:
- To process and deliver products and services to you (e.g. delivering services and processing payments);
- To provide you with requested information about our products and services;
- To personalise and customise the products and services we offer you;
- To understand how we can better serve your needs;
- To process payments and transactions relating to your account as a Member; and
- To verify your identity for the purposes of protecting the integrity and security of your account.
We use the personal information we collect about you:
- To respond to your messages or emails;
- To send you updates about the Site if you have subscribed to receive updates;
- to conduct surveys and promotions;
- to tailor our products and services to you; and
- for other purposes as permitted or required by law.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
If you subscribe to our Site your personal information is added to a Distribution List hosted on Mailchimp who have and may access the data on the list. If a subscriber chooses to use the “forward to a friend” link in the email update sent from our Site, it will allow the Subscriber to share the email content; however, the friend’s email will not be added to the Distribution List and their email address is not stored either on this Site or via Mailchimp.
Information is shared with third-party providers that aid in the operation of this Site. Third-party providers provide website and application development, hosting maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services which may require them to access information on our Site.
If required or authorised by law, we may also share your information for other purposes.
5. Email Subscribers
Our Site offers functionality allowing you to subscribe to receive updates of when new public articles are posted on to our Site. You will only receive an email if you subscribe to receive it. If you change your mind, you will always have an option to unsubscribe.
6. Updating and/or Accessing Your Personal Information
If you are a Customer and have an account on the Site, you can view and edit your personal information by logging into your account. Please ensure that your account profile is kept up to date.
If you are unable to do it yourself on the Site, you can contact us at any time to request access to and/or correction of your personal information. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for responding to such a request. We will respond to your request within 30 days after receiving it. Should we not be able to meet your request for any reason, we will write back to you and explain why.
7. Security of Your Personal Information
While safeguard designs are implemented to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, there is no guarantee that data during transmission through the Internet is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Remembering the Past Australia will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information once it reaches us, including software updating and logging of system access. In addition, this site is generated by WordPress, and uses Jetpack and Akismet (by Automattic Inc.), a spam-fighting service that protects millions of WordPress sites. These data hosting service providers host the information collected from you and use technical measures to secure your data.
This site uses Google Adsense who collect and send the following information (made available from the visitor’s browser) to their Demand Partners: IP address, geographical data (derived from the IP address), user agent, operating system, device type, unique user ID (randomly generated identifier), current URL, and IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) interest category. The advertising partners may use that information to display personalised ads to those visitors. The sharing of this information with their advertising partners may be considered a “sale” of information under the CCPA.
Data Retention: Log data (IP address, geographical data, user agent, operating system, device type) is stored for 30 days. The unique user ID is stored in cookies and is retained for 1 year.
Google Adsense track ad impressions, video-related events (i.e. pause, mute, 100% plays, etc.) or errors, and ad click events.
Various cookies are used for the following purposes: delivering targeted advertisements to specific visitors, storing user identifiers, and collecting anonymous ad platform stats.
Please note that by deleting cookies or disabling future cookies you may be unable to access certain areas or features of our website. If you adjust your cookie settings or choose the Do Not Track browser option, this will also affect the other websites you visit.
9. Log Data
Remembering the Past Australia receives information when you view content on this Site or otherwise interact with the Site. When you visit this website or interact via the contact page, we automatically receive information about you. This Data includes information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), search terms, and cookie information. Log Data is used to operate the services and to ensure that they are secure, reliable, and perform well. The information you provide and the data received, including Log Data and data from third parties, is used to better design services and to personalise content.
10. Social Login, Sharing, Likes and Commenting
This site uses plugins to send requests to third party (Facebook) APIs via website visitor’s web browser to fetch information (like social shares, social comment count). This request made by a web browser may include an IP address, which can then be seen by the third party that it’s being requested from. This API request doesn’t include any personal data of the website user other than the IP address.
- Social Login
- We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile on our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
- Facebook Comments
- Facebook Like, Facebook Recommend, Facebook Share official buttons
- Twitter Tweet official button
- Pinterest Save official button
12. Links to Other Sites
This Site uses hyperlinks to other websites. These websites may use their own cookies to collect data or solicit information from you. This Site is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites, please ensure that you make yourself familiar with their policies when using a hyperlink from this site.
13. Law, Harm, and the Public Interest
14. Non-Personal Information
You can request at any time for your account to be deleted. This will include personal data, profile data, created content, logs, etc. Cookies need to be deleted by you. Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which Remembering the Past Australia is permitted or required by law or may have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
15. Republished Content
This site and its administrator are not responsible for republished content from this site on other websites or blogs without permission.
16. Your Consent to This Policy
If you have any questions or if you encounter any difficulties in using our site, please feel free to contact Remembering the Past Australia using the contact form or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site, but there are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature (unless posted in the Businesses / Services / Societies Directories) will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments including profanity will be deleted.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted. Note this may include abusive, threatening, pornographic, offensive, misleading or libellous language.
- Comments that attack an individual directly will be deleted.
- Comments that harass other posters will be deleted. Please be respectful toward other contributors.
- Anonymous comments will be deleted. Comments are only accepted from posters who identify themselves.
The administrator at all times, and at their absolute discretion, reserves the right to edit or remove any comments considered to be reasonably offensive from this site.
This commenting policy is subject to change at any time. If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please contact Remembering the Past Australia.
To help maintain parts of this webpage as free, Remembering the Past Australia has engaged funding through advertising which may include affiliate advertising.
A small commission is paid to Remembering the Past Australia if you purchase products through an affiliate link from this website. You will pay no extra by purchasing through a link on this site and in some cases may even be able to obtain a discount by doing so.
This site does not sell your personal details to any advertiser or third party.
If you like this site, please don’t use ad blockers – some advertisers will pay just for you to see their advertisement and it’s an easy way for the site to make money to maintain the webpage while keeping other costs low.
If you have a complaint about any ad, for any reason, please contact Remembering the Past Australia so that it can be looked into.
Please note: Remembering the Past Australia and its administrator does not endorse or verify the legality of any business enterprise, service or link that is advertised.